chanduv23
10-03 06:06 AM
Folks ,
I will try my best, I work in North Jersey , Usually I leave from my office around 7 PM, I will let you know
Same here, I work in Fort Lee - I plan to start early on that day.
I will try my best, I work in North Jersey , Usually I leave from my office around 7 PM, I will let you know
Same here, I work in Fort Lee - I plan to start early on that day.
wallpaper (Still Life: Drawing Board
belmontboy
03-15 10:30 PM
[QUOTE=belmontboy;326916]sure prove me wrong.
If you are telling me that VO or IO has access to all criminal records from all 51 states, i can't stop laughing here.
If they have access, why do they even have a section for declaring voluntarily?? to test honesty of the applicant??[/QUOTe..
I do not want to argue with you but can prove you wrong .. Give me your info and I will let u know if u have any records or not. Afet 9/11 all immigration systems are interconnected with the state and federal court records and minute one is arrested his name is there.. 100%...Talk to an attorney in the morning and pm me.. I will explain you how it works..
Let us not shift the focus from the original question and if we do not have any answer let's sit back and let the guy face the consequences and make it an argument to prove who is wrong and right between us..
I pray for you and hope you learn from your mistakes(not you belmont).. May God Bless you..
RV
What are you going to do with my info? run queries on state criminal record database??
or do u have access to database that IO's use??
You have to agree that either of us have the facts to prove the other is wrong. If you have, then Fed's are looking for you :D
If you are telling me that VO or IO has access to all criminal records from all 51 states, i can't stop laughing here.
If they have access, why do they even have a section for declaring voluntarily?? to test honesty of the applicant??[/QUOTe..
I do not want to argue with you but can prove you wrong .. Give me your info and I will let u know if u have any records or not. Afet 9/11 all immigration systems are interconnected with the state and federal court records and minute one is arrested his name is there.. 100%...Talk to an attorney in the morning and pm me.. I will explain you how it works..
Let us not shift the focus from the original question and if we do not have any answer let's sit back and let the guy face the consequences and make it an argument to prove who is wrong and right between us..
I pray for you and hope you learn from your mistakes(not you belmont).. May God Bless you..
RV
What are you going to do with my info? run queries on state criminal record database??
or do u have access to database that IO's use??
You have to agree that either of us have the facts to prove the other is wrong. If you have, then Fed's are looking for you :D
waiting4gc02
06-19 08:24 AM
Guys:
Just checked the AP and EAD dates are back within the 90 day limit at all centers.
No Panic..!!!!
Just checked the AP and EAD dates are back within the 90 day limit at all centers.
No Panic..!!!!
2011 Title: Still life
gcseeker2002
12-06 07:29 PM
It is possible, but what's the point? It will have later receipt date. It is better to file a lawsuit to force the USCIS to issue EAD. It will cost only $350 :)
Has anybody filed lawsuit against uscis for EAD delays till now ? And what is the process for this, do we need a lawyer ?
Has anybody filed lawsuit against uscis for EAD delays till now ? And what is the process for this, do we need a lawyer ?
more...
EkAurAaya
10-10 03:06 PM
My folks are here visiting... so it will be difficult for me to attend... but i will try
fittan
07-14 12:23 PM
Prudential
Metlifef
NewYork Life
AXA
Few things to add:
1) You need to determine sufficient coverage. If you have a mortgage and children, $500K is the minimum. A 30 year term non-smoker age 35+ should be about $350/year. You usually get a discount if you buy a policy for your wife too. If you try to purchase a whole life for $500K coverage, the premium will be ridiculous...probably $1500 to $2K/year.
2) I always remind myself of the KISS rule (Keep it simple stupid). If you want protection buy term insurance, if you want to save/invest buy stocks, mutual funds, bonds, etc. Don't try to mix them.
3) To protect your familiy, think of the 3 areas: Death, disability and illness. Dying is the easy part...you die, your family gets a lump sum. The worst is that you DON'T die, but have a terminal illness (e.g. cancer), have no job and then incur substantial medical bills. Remember to cover all areas.
Fittan
Metlifef
NewYork Life
AXA
Few things to add:
1) You need to determine sufficient coverage. If you have a mortgage and children, $500K is the minimum. A 30 year term non-smoker age 35+ should be about $350/year. You usually get a discount if you buy a policy for your wife too. If you try to purchase a whole life for $500K coverage, the premium will be ridiculous...probably $1500 to $2K/year.
2) I always remind myself of the KISS rule (Keep it simple stupid). If you want protection buy term insurance, if you want to save/invest buy stocks, mutual funds, bonds, etc. Don't try to mix them.
3) To protect your familiy, think of the 3 areas: Death, disability and illness. Dying is the easy part...you die, your family gets a lump sum. The worst is that you DON'T die, but have a terminal illness (e.g. cancer), have no job and then incur substantial medical bills. Remember to cover all areas.
Fittan
more...
kaisersose
05-13 03:42 PM
One interesting point that came out of that recent hearing.
PD movement results in both 485 approvals + new 485 filings. CIS blames backlogs partly due to the policy that allows 485 filing whenever PDs are current. if PD movement results in 5 approvals, it also results in 10 new 485 filings and thus a backlog is built over which they have no control.
So in their opinion, PD movement should only control approvals & 485 filings should be controlled separately. If this happens, there would no backlogs and no one will ask them any questions or drag them to court for hearings!
PD movement results in both 485 approvals + new 485 filings. CIS blames backlogs partly due to the policy that allows 485 filing whenever PDs are current. if PD movement results in 5 approvals, it also results in 10 new 485 filings and thus a backlog is built over which they have no control.
So in their opinion, PD movement should only control approvals & 485 filings should be controlled separately. If this happens, there would no backlogs and no one will ask them any questions or drag them to court for hearings!
2010 stock vector : still life -
qplearn
10-30 01:31 PM
While this question may sound redundant, I want to make an honest attempt to understand it. How does creating media awareness translate into making politicians understand the complicated issues suffered by legal immigrants? Further do they give any weightage to the fact that the stories are in the media and therefore they need attention?
I am biased towards the opinion that we might have already run enough media stories. I believe that the real fight now is to convince the politicians to do something about it. Propaganda and lobbying is the only thing that works with politicians in this country. And you have to choose a medium that politicians directly refer to. Meeting politicians and their representatives in person is most effective I believe. With due respect to your views, Pappu, can we discuss some of these questions?
I agree. Our adversaries and friends alike have noted the media stories. What we need now is getting in touch with politicians, and action!
I am biased towards the opinion that we might have already run enough media stories. I believe that the real fight now is to convince the politicians to do something about it. Propaganda and lobbying is the only thing that works with politicians in this country. And you have to choose a medium that politicians directly refer to. Meeting politicians and their representatives in person is most effective I believe. With due respect to your views, Pappu, can we discuss some of these questions?
I agree. Our adversaries and friends alike have noted the media stories. What we need now is getting in touch with politicians, and action!
more...
hindichinibhaibhai
03-29 12:37 AM
Guys MY PD is feb 2008. I am recently watching vias bulletins. I am in EB2.
Based on my watching previous visa bulletions ( after sep 2008) I dont see that it makes major difference if you file in EB3 or EB2.
Both are backloged very much and sincearly I dont hope inspite on being in EB2, I will get EAD or GC till 2015.
What are your thoughts, is it worth filing in EB2?
Of course, it is worth it. Go with EB-2 and don't lose hope.
I ended-up in EB3 due to a mistake made by the lawyer back in 2001-2. Of course, we fired the lawyer, when we realized this. I wish I'd switched myself to EB-2 back then. I just didn't know of the possibility until recently, thanks to IV.
Based on my watching previous visa bulletions ( after sep 2008) I dont see that it makes major difference if you file in EB3 or EB2.
Both are backloged very much and sincearly I dont hope inspite on being in EB2, I will get EAD or GC till 2015.
What are your thoughts, is it worth filing in EB2?
Of course, it is worth it. Go with EB-2 and don't lose hope.
I ended-up in EB3 due to a mistake made by the lawyer back in 2001-2. Of course, we fired the lawyer, when we realized this. I wish I'd switched myself to EB-2 back then. I just didn't know of the possibility until recently, thanks to IV.
hair charcoal still life drawing
seekerofpeace
08-24 03:39 PM
Are there any transfered cases which got approved? I am yet to see one. My service center is TSC but my case starts with WAC as it was sent to Calif for data uploading ...my bad luck...I will be current next month but i doubt any transfered cases will get approved...
just fell thru the cracks....anyway good luck for those who are straight forward cases (if there are any)
SoP
just fell thru the cracks....anyway good luck for those who are straight forward cases (if there are any)
SoP
more...
Goodintentions
04-20 06:11 AM
Politicians always want to keep issues alive! If issues go away, there is nothing to fight, nothing to talk in the elections; without issues you cannot get "bulk" support from any specific group! So, the so called CIR will remain a "perpetual carrot". It will never happen in our life time.
We are all mature, educated people from a highly politically conscious environment! So...we are not naive, I am sure!
I take this opportunity to summarize a few things which have happened in the context of "long term indentured" labourers like us:
1. Quantum jump in terms of H1 ---> about 8 / 9 years back [happened because of pressure from corporations and their lobbies, nothing to with us. they wanted cheap labour and more profits!]
2. "Free for all" L1s ---> There is no cap, no specialty skill requirement. Not even sure if this has a min wage like H1. Why? Only because it serves the interests of the corporations to import 80% of the work force in any project!
3. Yearly H1 extensions based on Labour approvals / 3 year extensions for I 140 cases ---> When the "slaves" started returning after 6 years (without GCs being approved) the corporations growled and again the lobbies worked day and night. This has nothing to do with our pleading!
4. AC 21 ---> This is a good feature with a humane angle, but again there is NO WRITTEN MEMO permitting the employees to switch jobs 6 months after receving their EADs! This has been clearly articulated in a new item by Murthy.com! So AC21 is NOT a fool proof mechanism!
If the employer withdraws his I 140 there is a fair chance that 485 might be denied. (as per Murthy.com, there are a number of cases where such denials have happened). Again INS will never issue a memo, because it will antagonize the corporations
5. EAD / AP merger ---> this is a minor change in procedure, an admin fix! This is not a policy change. Full credit to several immigration forums and pleadings. However, this is not going to help many of us as our AP / EAD dates vary by several weeks and we might not be able to file them together
So, after 10 + years pleading, we have been able to get an admin fix :) That is amazing!!! Under the circumstances we cannot even dream of any legislative support or correction! Instead of Chinese / Indians in the endless line had citizens of the EU nations been affected, everything would have been fixed ages back!
Everyone is interested in the illegals and their "hard working" school children! That is because of the money, muscle, vote power they wield! Even if they were to have 1% of the law on their side, they would have achieved their objective ages back! They are holding us hostage because we have 100% of the law on our side and they have 0% of the law on their side. Otherwise, why should we law abiding immigrants be grouped with people who jumped fence?
Think...does this make sense at all? Correct me if I am wrong! I will accept my mistakes with all humility!
How is the CIR even relevant in our case? Did we do anythng illegal????
What are we all waiting for? ~ ~ ~
Honestly, NOTHING but the WILL of the SUPREME POWER can help us !!! (more than 99% of the population are believers, anyway)
Youngsters in the early to mid 30s with "non US citizen kids" please think seriously. Do not waste your time in this mess for decades. We have all suffered for 10 - 12 years now and have no options. If you cross the age of 40 then you cannot immigrate to any western country because you will lose in the "points system". It would be a good option to live in countries who have a clear cut time bound program which does not discriminate on the basis of your nationality.
When the corporations wanted you and I, H1 was increased - no one was bothered about your nationality at that time. Today when we want a future for our family and kids, people talk about quota and diversity! This is what is known as "Having the cake and eating it too"
Remember, the system has been designed to support and ensure long term indentured labour to sustain the greedy corporations! There is no place for empathy or compassion. It is business! It is money! Free market enterprise works this way!
If we are expecting miracles, we are chasing a mirage!!!
May the SUPREME POWER bless the EB2 / EB3 communities and give them the strength, resilience and the patience they badly need!!!
================================
Hi all!
Please visit this link !
Comprehensive immigration reform probably doomed - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_immigration)
THis is precisely what I had said yesterday! The issues HAS and WILL be kept alive, FOREVER!
In a way it is good because, now we can plead with both parties to think of LEGAL WORKERS like us!
If this ends the "hostage drama" by the "illegals" we should be more than happy!
What next???
Thank you!!!
We are all mature, educated people from a highly politically conscious environment! So...we are not naive, I am sure!
I take this opportunity to summarize a few things which have happened in the context of "long term indentured" labourers like us:
1. Quantum jump in terms of H1 ---> about 8 / 9 years back [happened because of pressure from corporations and their lobbies, nothing to with us. they wanted cheap labour and more profits!]
2. "Free for all" L1s ---> There is no cap, no specialty skill requirement. Not even sure if this has a min wage like H1. Why? Only because it serves the interests of the corporations to import 80% of the work force in any project!
3. Yearly H1 extensions based on Labour approvals / 3 year extensions for I 140 cases ---> When the "slaves" started returning after 6 years (without GCs being approved) the corporations growled and again the lobbies worked day and night. This has nothing to do with our pleading!
4. AC 21 ---> This is a good feature with a humane angle, but again there is NO WRITTEN MEMO permitting the employees to switch jobs 6 months after receving their EADs! This has been clearly articulated in a new item by Murthy.com! So AC21 is NOT a fool proof mechanism!
If the employer withdraws his I 140 there is a fair chance that 485 might be denied. (as per Murthy.com, there are a number of cases where such denials have happened). Again INS will never issue a memo, because it will antagonize the corporations
5. EAD / AP merger ---> this is a minor change in procedure, an admin fix! This is not a policy change. Full credit to several immigration forums and pleadings. However, this is not going to help many of us as our AP / EAD dates vary by several weeks and we might not be able to file them together
So, after 10 + years pleading, we have been able to get an admin fix :) That is amazing!!! Under the circumstances we cannot even dream of any legislative support or correction! Instead of Chinese / Indians in the endless line had citizens of the EU nations been affected, everything would have been fixed ages back!
Everyone is interested in the illegals and their "hard working" school children! That is because of the money, muscle, vote power they wield! Even if they were to have 1% of the law on their side, they would have achieved their objective ages back! They are holding us hostage because we have 100% of the law on our side and they have 0% of the law on their side. Otherwise, why should we law abiding immigrants be grouped with people who jumped fence?
Think...does this make sense at all? Correct me if I am wrong! I will accept my mistakes with all humility!
How is the CIR even relevant in our case? Did we do anythng illegal????
What are we all waiting for? ~ ~ ~
Honestly, NOTHING but the WILL of the SUPREME POWER can help us !!! (more than 99% of the population are believers, anyway)
Youngsters in the early to mid 30s with "non US citizen kids" please think seriously. Do not waste your time in this mess for decades. We have all suffered for 10 - 12 years now and have no options. If you cross the age of 40 then you cannot immigrate to any western country because you will lose in the "points system". It would be a good option to live in countries who have a clear cut time bound program which does not discriminate on the basis of your nationality.
When the corporations wanted you and I, H1 was increased - no one was bothered about your nationality at that time. Today when we want a future for our family and kids, people talk about quota and diversity! This is what is known as "Having the cake and eating it too"
Remember, the system has been designed to support and ensure long term indentured labour to sustain the greedy corporations! There is no place for empathy or compassion. It is business! It is money! Free market enterprise works this way!
If we are expecting miracles, we are chasing a mirage!!!
May the SUPREME POWER bless the EB2 / EB3 communities and give them the strength, resilience and the patience they badly need!!!
================================
Hi all!
Please visit this link !
Comprehensive immigration reform probably doomed - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_immigration)
THis is precisely what I had said yesterday! The issues HAS and WILL be kept alive, FOREVER!
In a way it is good because, now we can plead with both parties to think of LEGAL WORKERS like us!
If this ends the "hostage drama" by the "illegals" we should be more than happy!
What next???
Thank you!!!
hot Still Life Drawing.
Immi_Chant
08-03 06:47 PM
Is there any way to know whether our case is already preadjudicated or not? Is it OK to call USCIS customer service number or taking an infopass appointment for just checking that?
I just want to have some peace of mind as USCIS is not require (hopefully :)) any documents from our side, if they already preadjudicated us.
Please share your experience....
Thanks,
Immi_Chant
Hi Friends, any comments on this ?
I just want to have some peace of mind as USCIS is not require (hopefully :)) any documents from our side, if they already preadjudicated us.
Please share your experience....
Thanks,
Immi_Chant
Hi Friends, any comments on this ?
more...
house Abstract Material Still Life
mrsahaayam
03-17 08:07 PM
If you want to reply properly do so else don't pal
tattoo Still Life - pencil sketch
panky72
06-24 03:18 AM
There has been time check used to be payable to:
U.S. Department of Homeland Security - USCIS
Now at some places it is shortened to:
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
And at other places it is shortened to:
USCIS
I think, they are interchangeable.
On USCIS site: Fees should be made payable to Department of Homeland Security or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. refer to first dotted instruction of http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD
It does not talk about putting US in front of Department of Homeland Security. Going exactly by USCIS instructions, lawyer did mistake - but it is OK.
Look at the PDF file for I-765 and I-131 Instructions from USCIS website (Checkout page 8)
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf
Here is the relevant info from the USCIS instructions:
Use the following guidelines when you prepare your check or
money order for the Form I-765 fee:
1. The check or money order must be drawn on a bank or
other financial institution located in the United States
and must be payable in U.S. currency; and
2. Make the check or money order payable to U.S.
Department of Homeland Security, unless:
A. If you live in Guam and are filing your petition
there, make it payable to Treasurer, Guam.
B. If you live in the U.S. Virgin Islands and are filing
your petition there, make it payable to
Commissioner of Finance of the Virgin Islands.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security - USCIS
Now at some places it is shortened to:
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
And at other places it is shortened to:
USCIS
I think, they are interchangeable.
On USCIS site: Fees should be made payable to Department of Homeland Security or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. refer to first dotted instruction of http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD
It does not talk about putting US in front of Department of Homeland Security. Going exactly by USCIS instructions, lawyer did mistake - but it is OK.
Look at the PDF file for I-765 and I-131 Instructions from USCIS website (Checkout page 8)
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf
Here is the relevant info from the USCIS instructions:
Use the following guidelines when you prepare your check or
money order for the Form I-765 fee:
1. The check or money order must be drawn on a bank or
other financial institution located in the United States
and must be payable in U.S. currency; and
2. Make the check or money order payable to U.S.
Department of Homeland Security, unless:
A. If you live in Guam and are filing your petition
there, make it payable to Treasurer, Guam.
B. If you live in the U.S. Virgin Islands and are filing
your petition there, make it payable to
Commissioner of Finance of the Virgin Islands.
more...
pictures Drawing: quot;Table Top Still Life
a_yaja
08-16 08:21 AM
Shirish has a very valid point. I think it should be six months after I-485 application as pointed in AC21.
I think the 6 months period should be counted fron the RD on the RN for you I-485, else AC21 and this " propoganda" contadict each other.
If you get your GC with in 6months from the RD then stay untill you finish 6 months (this is very unlikely to happen as it takes lot more than 6 months)
If you get the GC after 6 months i think you are fine.
AC21 applies only if your GC has not been approved. You cannont invoke AC21 after your GC has been approved.
I think the 6 months period should be counted fron the RD on the RN for you I-485, else AC21 and this " propoganda" contadict each other.
If you get your GC with in 6months from the RD then stay untill you finish 6 months (this is very unlikely to happen as it takes lot more than 6 months)
If you get the GC after 6 months i think you are fine.
AC21 applies only if your GC has not been approved. You cannont invoke AC21 after your GC has been approved.
dresses My drawings are still a little
malibuguy007
10-01 08:28 PM
Please contribute so that we can work/lobby for changes
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21817
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21817
more...
makeup Still life drawing with
chanduv23
07-10 09:49 AM
Do you know if one is better than the others...like murthy is better than rajeev khanna .....Basically who has more experience and success handling AC21 and MTR cases...I spoke to one of the murthy attorneys and they seemed to be good... but again I donot have any personal experience... Is Rajeev khanna better than murthy
No idea. It is difficult to judge them. All Attorneys are out there to get money and there is only so much to Immigration law.
Immigration Law is not all about courts and cases and judges, immigration lawyers are just like "consulting agents" - all they do is proper paperwork and are certified to provide immigration services.
No idea. It is difficult to judge them. All Attorneys are out there to get money and there is only so much to Immigration law.
Immigration Law is not all about courts and cases and judges, immigration lawyers are just like "consulting agents" - all they do is proper paperwork and are certified to provide immigration services.
girlfriend colored pencil still life of
andvaca
07-25 10:58 AM
DELIVERED ON 02-July-2007
hairstyles still life drawing
TheOmbudsman
07-21 01:04 PM
Well,that's fine then. Let's see how posts you will get saying how to find good jobs in Canada. Bye.
All I can say is that everyone has their personal reasons for the decisions they make. This thread is information exchange thread for those who are looking to move to Canada. This isn't about why one should go one place vs another.
I welcome you to start another thread where ppl can debate whether they should move to India or consider moving elsewhere. In fact, I will be happy to discuss the options there. But I request ppl to not divert the focus of this thread.
All I can say is that everyone has their personal reasons for the decisions they make. This thread is information exchange thread for those who are looking to move to Canada. This isn't about why one should go one place vs another.
I welcome you to start another thread where ppl can debate whether they should move to India or consider moving elsewhere. In fact, I will be happy to discuss the options there. But I request ppl to not divert the focus of this thread.
chanduv23
09-19 04:07 PM
Not entirely true, I switched job a couple of months ago - filed for AC21. I got an acknowledgment from USCIS for the same - stating that it will be added to my file, to be reviewed when my application is processed.
Well both are true - but most cases do not reach the file.
Well both are true - but most cases do not reach the file.
mrsahaayam
03-17 08:04 PM
Call yourself a shoplifter, but you are really a petty criminal. You have yourself proved so by pleading guilty.
I am surprised that you have not been deported. It people like you who bring a bad name to the whole Indian immigrant community.
Far as I am concerned, unless you hae situation of life and death, you must not steal. The only other scenario, where theft could be pardoned is if you are out of work, have no money, have no friends who would help you, have been turned out by the local soup kitchen and the food bank, and have starving children at home and you decide to pich a loaf of brad from a store
Other than that, no excuse.
For all who replied well to my thread.. Thanks a million. to whom, trying to blame me etc.. If you want to reply with good answer you are welcome to do so...else DON'T EVEN REPLY.
Now another question to you guys who are blaming me......
Did not you guys ever used office stuff/taking printouts of ur personal use/ using ofice phone for personal use etc in your life? If you have done so.. YOU ARE ALSO THIEVES. YOU did not get caught, thats the basic difference...
Thanks guys
Have fun!!!
I am surprised that you have not been deported. It people like you who bring a bad name to the whole Indian immigrant community.
Far as I am concerned, unless you hae situation of life and death, you must not steal. The only other scenario, where theft could be pardoned is if you are out of work, have no money, have no friends who would help you, have been turned out by the local soup kitchen and the food bank, and have starving children at home and you decide to pich a loaf of brad from a store
Other than that, no excuse.
For all who replied well to my thread.. Thanks a million. to whom, trying to blame me etc.. If you want to reply with good answer you are welcome to do so...else DON'T EVEN REPLY.
Now another question to you guys who are blaming me......
Did not you guys ever used office stuff/taking printouts of ur personal use/ using ofice phone for personal use etc in your life? If you have done so.. YOU ARE ALSO THIEVES. YOU did not get caught, thats the basic difference...
Thanks guys
Have fun!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment