annsheila79
04-19 09:48 AM
congratulations
wallpaper Nissan GTR R34 + GTR R35
abhijitp
12-03 05:24 PM
One of the approaches can be for state chapters to be involved and solicit donations from local members. I liked the idea for donations from immigrants who have already obtained green cards and online ADS from google as long as we do not overdo it. I am leaning more towards funding drives. For reasons that people in the process understand better than I do, I agree that the amounts cannot be disclosed. Hence it would be nice to have offline discussions or discussions on PMs on targets between state chapter members.
I for one am not for monthly payments or memberships. That just makes for exclusive organization and we want to be more inclusive.
I also had another important question we need to ask ourselves. Do we want to solicit funding or donations or participation? They are two very different things. Participation is not limited to monetary involvement but can include time and ability (designing banners, websites, writing letters et al.) donation.
Cheers
Every member is welcome to contribute time and/or money. Both are important.
Monthly subscriptions do not make this an exclusive club, they just allow IV to budget and plan future campaigns.
Some of these campaigns will give everyone easy access to the (very exclusive) "AOS applied" club!
The biggest campaign of them all... will give us all a quicker route to the extremely very exclusive Green Card club.
To know why amounts cannot be disclosed please check out logiclife's and aman's videos on youtube!
Thank you.
I for one am not for monthly payments or memberships. That just makes for exclusive organization and we want to be more inclusive.
I also had another important question we need to ask ourselves. Do we want to solicit funding or donations or participation? They are two very different things. Participation is not limited to monetary involvement but can include time and ability (designing banners, websites, writing letters et al.) donation.
Cheers
Every member is welcome to contribute time and/or money. Both are important.
Monthly subscriptions do not make this an exclusive club, they just allow IV to budget and plan future campaigns.
Some of these campaigns will give everyone easy access to the (very exclusive) "AOS applied" club!
The biggest campaign of them all... will give us all a quicker route to the extremely very exclusive Green Card club.
To know why amounts cannot be disclosed please check out logiclife's and aman's videos on youtube!
Thank you.
smc
07-18 08:09 PM
Why did John Cornyn's bill want to recapture only unused numbers from 1996 and 1997, why not 1998 also?
2011 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34
chanduv23
04-28 01:30 PM
UN,
Have there been any updates on this case that you are at liberty to share?
Thanks in advance.
Yes, I am also interested to find out what is happening.
Have there been any updates on this case that you are at liberty to share?
Thanks in advance.
Yes, I am also interested to find out what is happening.
more...
gcgreen
08-13 07:45 PM
What makes you think you qualify for EB1? Is it because you were planning to apply in OR category? or because you wanted to apply in EA category?
FYI, a fresh PhD has very little chance to make it in EA category, and OR is applicable only for a researcher position.
It's nice to create a big fuss about your qualifications and how you have been hurt, but at the end of the day, these were choices YOU made (i.e. taking up full-time PhD instead of going to work immediately after school). Also, as someone else said on one of these never ending threads, there is nothing that prevented your future employer applying for GC for a future job for you as soon as you finish PhD :-)
So, again, if you are so qualified, and happy to live the consequences of your decision, where is the PLIGHT?
..."who were qualified for EB2 but applied in EB3. " ...Exactly my point. Technically I am qualified for EB1 but filed as EB2, hence i need to play by the rules governing EB2. Now if i begin lamenting that I am qualified for EB1 which is current and life is unfair since i am in EB2, how much sense would that make? My point is Don't crib if EB3 is retrogressed...use the system and become EB2, port your priority date, which is ofcourse dependent upon finding an EB2 job !!! All of this nonsense .."i pray someone does something for EB3" is going to get no one anywhere !! Fight for comprehensive immigration reform or HR 5882 recapture BUT for god's sake Do not blame the EB2 - India people who have played by the rules and are in a favorable position today relative to EB3 !!
The lawsuit against PD porting makes sense from an EB2 perspective and they are right to go ahead with it. Porting your PD from EB3 to EB2 makes sense from an EB3 perspective and every EB3 should try to do it before this door closes, if it does.
FYI, a fresh PhD has very little chance to make it in EA category, and OR is applicable only for a researcher position.
It's nice to create a big fuss about your qualifications and how you have been hurt, but at the end of the day, these were choices YOU made (i.e. taking up full-time PhD instead of going to work immediately after school). Also, as someone else said on one of these never ending threads, there is nothing that prevented your future employer applying for GC for a future job for you as soon as you finish PhD :-)
So, again, if you are so qualified, and happy to live the consequences of your decision, where is the PLIGHT?
..."who were qualified for EB2 but applied in EB3. " ...Exactly my point. Technically I am qualified for EB1 but filed as EB2, hence i need to play by the rules governing EB2. Now if i begin lamenting that I am qualified for EB1 which is current and life is unfair since i am in EB2, how much sense would that make? My point is Don't crib if EB3 is retrogressed...use the system and become EB2, port your priority date, which is ofcourse dependent upon finding an EB2 job !!! All of this nonsense .."i pray someone does something for EB3" is going to get no one anywhere !! Fight for comprehensive immigration reform or HR 5882 recapture BUT for god's sake Do not blame the EB2 - India people who have played by the rules and are in a favorable position today relative to EB3 !!
The lawsuit against PD porting makes sense from an EB2 perspective and they are right to go ahead with it. Porting your PD from EB3 to EB2 makes sense from an EB3 perspective and every EB3 should try to do it before this door closes, if it does.
cal97
07-19 07:58 PM
Did not quite understand your response. I looked in immigration.com before requesting you. If you know the thread please let me know I can look further by myself.
Thanks!
Look in home and post.
Thanks!
Look in home and post.
more...
pappu
04-19 03:09 PM
Actually I know someone who got it even faster.
This Pakistani guy came to the US in 2004 fresh off boat to do Masters. Completed Masters by mid 2005, immediately landed job at MS, they started his GC immediately in EB2 ROW and by end of 2005 he had GC in hand. It was ridiculous.
This is truly unfair where country of birth determined who gets an 'Employment' based greencard before someone else. It can only be fixed by eliminating per-country limits.
This Pakistani guy came to the US in 2004 fresh off boat to do Masters. Completed Masters by mid 2005, immediately landed job at MS, they started his GC immediately in EB2 ROW and by end of 2005 he had GC in hand. It was ridiculous.
This is truly unfair where country of birth determined who gets an 'Employment' based greencard before someone else. It can only be fixed by eliminating per-country limits.
2010 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 - One
pappu
12-09 01:33 AM
pls stay in touch. we will try to get your story published. send me your details. Others that have had such experiences pls stay in touch. such compelling stories help us influence masses and lawmakers.
more...

gc_bulgaria
11-09 09:36 PM
Using H1B makes one safe. but how many years we want to do the safe job. If I-485 gets denied do u have enough patiences to file another green card. One thing is believe is "We are here to make money, most of us are in our thirties and we have short time remaining to reach our goals. I think we all have one year EAD. wait for 6 months then go on job hopping, learn whatever you can, get into whatever you want. Start a business, do something.... Anything you do will help you in future. Sitting with H1B in pocket may take 4 years cream of your life.
If you have the talent you can get great salaries anywhere in the world. Because of your talents and hard work you guys are here. World is not small.
I will use EAD soon.
:-)
If something goes wrong, I move to Europe!
If you have the talent you can get great salaries anywhere in the world. Because of your talents and hard work you guys are here. World is not small.
I will use EAD soon.
:-)
If something goes wrong, I move to Europe!
hair Nissan GT-R SKYLINE R34
franklin
07-13 04:03 AM
The bad news is.... I can only find the Mandarin link! It was broadcast in English too
This was set up by another Bay Area organization that primarily has Chinese members. They invited us to speak as well, which was incredibly nice of them.
http://www.ktsf.com/share/news/today_m1.html :D
This was set up by another Bay Area organization that primarily has Chinese members. They invited us to speak as well, which was incredibly nice of them.
http://www.ktsf.com/share/news/today_m1.html :D
more...
raydon
06-09 05:56 PM
Just finished calling the offices of all the representatives listed for Phase 3. Took me about 15 min to complete it. Left a voice mail for congressman Calvert's office. They staff persons were all very polite and did note down the information and mentioned that they'll pass on the information.
Urging more members to call and keep the momentum going. I will try and ask some of my friends affected by GC to participate in this activity as well.
Urging more members to call and keep the momentum going. I will try and ask some of my friends affected by GC to participate in this activity as well.
hot Nissan Skyline R34 by AUTOart
wikipedia_fan
03-31 12:55 PM
We have to understand that there is a myriad of laws; INA, CFR's; USCIS policy binding memos; internal memos; appeals decisions, court cases, precedent aao decisions, precedent legal cases.
Now; the ac21 memo is a memo that uscis officers have to follow. However; the memo is not in accordanc with INA 245 or AC21.
INA 245 states that a valid and approved 140 is needed for a person to get lawful permanent residency.
ac21 says that a person can change jobs after 485 has been pending for more then 180 days.
The above two things are the law.
In ac21 law; it doesn't say anything about the scenario if 140 is revoked by employer. It is totally silent to it.
USCIS in their memos realized that ac21 law would not have any meaning if the employer still controlled the 140 if a person was eligible for ac21; therefore, they issued the memo (memo is not law but binding; memos can be changed; however, there has been nothing public about any possible change).
Memo is clarification which they have been following for many years and as far as I know still binding.
Thanks for the clarification. I wish my issue gets resolved soon :)
Now; the ac21 memo is a memo that uscis officers have to follow. However; the memo is not in accordanc with INA 245 or AC21.
INA 245 states that a valid and approved 140 is needed for a person to get lawful permanent residency.
ac21 says that a person can change jobs after 485 has been pending for more then 180 days.
The above two things are the law.
In ac21 law; it doesn't say anything about the scenario if 140 is revoked by employer. It is totally silent to it.
USCIS in their memos realized that ac21 law would not have any meaning if the employer still controlled the 140 if a person was eligible for ac21; therefore, they issued the memo (memo is not law but binding; memos can be changed; however, there has been nothing public about any possible change).
Memo is clarification which they have been following for many years and as far as I know still binding.
Thanks for the clarification. I wish my issue gets resolved soon :)
more...
house Nissan Skyline GTR R34
raj1998
04-17 08:22 AM
If USCIS is approving H1B/L1 applications, for any Software job, with a B.Com or B.A degree, then defenitely, it's a high time for it to change the rules for the H1B educational qualifications. I don't mind to port to EB1, if its accepting online degress, by getting a Ph.d deegree from a tri valley online university :D.
.
if one thinks thats wrong and USCIS needs to change then yes please approach through proper channels. definately, if possible to port using Phd from tri valley you may try..
.
if one thinks thats wrong and USCIS needs to change then yes please approach through proper channels. definately, if possible to port using Phd from tri valley you may try..
tattoo nissan nismo body Nissan
prasadn
10-30 05:14 PM
gootle.....either give answer or shut your both.....
I can unload a whole dictionary of the choicest words on you, however my advice to you is to open another thread where I am sure you will get your question answered.
I can unload a whole dictionary of the choicest words on you, however my advice to you is to open another thread where I am sure you will get your question answered.
more...
pictures Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34)
snathan
04-19 03:57 PM
Looks like this Sheila is in her new avatar, from 3 year degree people trying to make $$$ in others troubles! She threatened to sue IVians for exposing her tricks when she tried to advt her service in her posts, as friendly posts.
USCIS does not buy her evaluation anymore. Go to her and lose your valuable time and few thousand dollars in addition to your I-140.
I aso suspect the same...I have asked her the website and there is no information so far. Guys dont fall for her.
USCIS does not buy her evaluation anymore. Go to her and lose your valuable time and few thousand dollars in addition to your I-140.
I aso suspect the same...I have asked her the website and there is no information so far. Guys dont fall for her.
dresses nissan skyline gtr r34 nismo z
Alabaman
09-13 01:24 PM
We all know this, but anyway I agree that this is our only hope.
I am willing to visit DC if I can help out in any way.
Looks like we can't expect only the core members to keep working.
qplearn
Yeah but the core members need to let us know where they are and what they are doing and then give directions as appropriate. This would prevent individual uncoordinated actions that might impede their on going moves... otherwise this forum would just be a mere venting platform and the message would not get out there.
I am willing to visit DC if I can help out in any way.
Looks like we can't expect only the core members to keep working.
qplearn
Yeah but the core members need to let us know where they are and what they are doing and then give directions as appropriate. This would prevent individual uncoordinated actions that might impede their on going moves... otherwise this forum would just be a mere venting platform and the message would not get out there.
more...
makeup nissan skyline r34 gtr.
smartboy75
10-02 12:09 AM
hey p
can u reply to my question ?
Thanks
can u reply to my question ?
Thanks
girlfriend nissan skyline gtr r34 v spec
needhelp!
09-24 07:08 PM
There have been a lot of updates sent out via the verified state chapter mailing lists. If you are not part of any state chapter please check this page http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=72&Itemid=52 and if there is no state chapter for your state, you can request to become member of a neighboring state chapter.
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=286606
I know the post was entirely wrong and foolish.
But I feel that I am in the dark about IV activities for the past one year.
I am one of the silent IV Supporters and long time (from the beginning) monthly contributing IV Member.
It would be better to have a special thread/monthly bulleting page from IV to tell the members to know about IV activities or progress.
After the last year July fiasco issue I have not seen any posting about IV activities on the web site other than lot of threads and could not able to figure out the work IV is exactly doing.
I strongly believe because of IV core team only we were able to come through successful in July 2007 Bulletin issue. But do not know what else is IV doing for the past 12 months.
The Flowers, Letters and Phone Calls is not working as we expect. I do not know about other activities other than sending letters and phones during every congress session.
I believe IV need to do some thing different. There is no media reports about legal immigration issue (not for IV) for the past one year.
My perspective is that we need to find a way that Media and Public will aware of the issues we face every day.
I am not questioning the IV Core Team. It would be great if the IV members know some details about IV activities every month in a bulletin or thread etc.
Thanks
vselvam
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=286606
I know the post was entirely wrong and foolish.
But I feel that I am in the dark about IV activities for the past one year.
I am one of the silent IV Supporters and long time (from the beginning) monthly contributing IV Member.
It would be better to have a special thread/monthly bulleting page from IV to tell the members to know about IV activities or progress.
After the last year July fiasco issue I have not seen any posting about IV activities on the web site other than lot of threads and could not able to figure out the work IV is exactly doing.
I strongly believe because of IV core team only we were able to come through successful in July 2007 Bulletin issue. But do not know what else is IV doing for the past 12 months.
The Flowers, Letters and Phone Calls is not working as we expect. I do not know about other activities other than sending letters and phones during every congress session.
I believe IV need to do some thing different. There is no media reports about legal immigration issue (not for IV) for the past one year.
My perspective is that we need to find a way that Media and Public will aware of the issues we face every day.
I am not questioning the IV Core Team. It would be great if the IV members know some details about IV activities every month in a bulletin or thread etc.
Thanks
vselvam
hairstyles Nissan Gtr R34 Engine
YesGC_NoGC
12-17 09:55 PM
I am on H1 for 9th year. I recently used AC21 using H1 Transfer. New H1 Got approved in October. But today I just saw this mail.. this some old H1 for old employer....
Anyone what next steps do they ask in the Notice that they have mailed?
*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***
The last processing action taken on your case
Receipt Number: WACXXXXXXXXXX
Application Type: I129 , PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER
Current Status: Case reopened or reconsidered based on USCIS determination, and the case is now pending.
We reopened this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER on December 17, 2008, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.
If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.
*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.
Sincerely,
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Anyone what next steps do they ask in the Notice that they have mailed?
*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***
The last processing action taken on your case
Receipt Number: WACXXXXXXXXXX
Application Type: I129 , PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER
Current Status: Case reopened or reconsidered based on USCIS determination, and the case is now pending.
We reopened this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER on December 17, 2008, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.
If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.
*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.
Sincerely,
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
addsf345
11-10 02:25 PM
Did I understand wrong?
After 6 yrs on H1 with pending AOS, if 485 gets denied, H1 is not renewd. So far so good....
I am under impression that aftet the denial, person still has whatever time left on his H1 to stay and work till H1 expires. No futher extension will be possible due to denial.
Is above statement wrong????
I had checked with my attorney, he had mentioned that I could keep on working till my H1 expired.... I will recheck with him.
Regards.
GCCovet
I saw somewhere on other site clearly mentioned that once 485 is rejected, H1B extension based on pending 485 also becomes invalid. If a person keeps working, it it considered as illegal. I do not have link right now, but I guess I found it on some lawyers website, posted link on IV in some other thread.
After 6 yrs on H1 with pending AOS, if 485 gets denied, H1 is not renewd. So far so good....
I am under impression that aftet the denial, person still has whatever time left on his H1 to stay and work till H1 expires. No futher extension will be possible due to denial.
Is above statement wrong????
I had checked with my attorney, he had mentioned that I could keep on working till my H1 expired.... I will recheck with him.
Regards.
GCCovet
I saw somewhere on other site clearly mentioned that once 485 is rejected, H1B extension based on pending 485 also becomes invalid. If a person keeps working, it it considered as illegal. I do not have link right now, but I guess I found it on some lawyers website, posted link on IV in some other thread.
bugsbunny
04-18 12:03 PM
Not being judgmental at all. This is a question that has to be posed to the HR department in the company and not to 'peers' on a forum. The profile says he/she is on EB2 and then he/she goes on to ask this
"let me know if they have done EB2 with this scenario." WTF! :D While I'm not against getting your degree online or IGNOU but you need to at least have the acumen to geo-locate yourself it nothing else :D Other skills are far superlative and come much later :D
not all HR depts are helpful or even knowledgeable about the immigration process.
"geo-locate" ??? what are you talking about?
i myself was quite clueless about the immigration process when i started out and got stuck in EB3 unnecessarily. Even though my company is one of the best in the industry they had never done H1 or GC before i came along and were quite clueless about it.
This forum is meant for asking immigration questions...lets be helpful rather than speculate on the person's circumstances or acumen.
"let me know if they have done EB2 with this scenario." WTF! :D While I'm not against getting your degree online or IGNOU but you need to at least have the acumen to geo-locate yourself it nothing else :D Other skills are far superlative and come much later :D
not all HR depts are helpful or even knowledgeable about the immigration process.
"geo-locate" ??? what are you talking about?
i myself was quite clueless about the immigration process when i started out and got stuck in EB3 unnecessarily. Even though my company is one of the best in the industry they had never done H1 or GC before i came along and were quite clueless about it.
This forum is meant for asking immigration questions...lets be helpful rather than speculate on the person's circumstances or acumen.

No comments:
Post a Comment