gcisadawg
09-06 02:10 PM
Folks,
We are planning to visit India in Nov 08 after three years. I would be using my AP to return after 4 weeks. My wife is planning to stay there for seven months and plans to return using AP. Based on what I see on this thread, seems like it would be very risky for my wife to use AP to re-enter after a seven month period.
I'm still working on H1B and my wife on H4 ( although she has an EAD, she doesnt work). We have H1B approval valid till March 09. My wife would be re-entering in June 09. I'm in the process of renewing my H1 and H4.
If my wife gets her H4 stamping then she can re-enter in June 09 using H4 visa. I plan to re-enter using AP in Nov 08.
I am also planning to consult my lawyer.
Would this work out? Gurus, pls. help
Thanks,
gcisadawg
We are planning to visit India in Nov 08 after three years. I would be using my AP to return after 4 weeks. My wife is planning to stay there for seven months and plans to return using AP. Based on what I see on this thread, seems like it would be very risky for my wife to use AP to re-enter after a seven month period.
I'm still working on H1B and my wife on H4 ( although she has an EAD, she doesnt work). We have H1B approval valid till March 09. My wife would be re-entering in June 09. I'm in the process of renewing my H1 and H4.
If my wife gets her H4 stamping then she can re-enter in June 09 using H4 visa. I plan to re-enter using AP in Nov 08.
I am also planning to consult my lawyer.
Would this work out? Gurus, pls. help
Thanks,
gcisadawg
wallpaper Justin Bieber#39;s haircut
laborchic
10-09 01:41 PM
So mpdapa can we expect you on Friday ?

swaroopmukka
07-19 01:48 PM
// you are right on the money!!But i don't see any use for guys with PD>2006 coz anyway they would have to wait for more than 3 years to file their spouses bcoz of retrogression. y not wait for PD's to bcum current at a later date and apply together..GET IT!!! //
Only use applying for 485 now single is to be eligible to apply for EAD anytime. And if your spouse decides to study (F1) or work (H1), you can apply and get your EAD and use it. Once the PDs become Current, you can add her case (AOS) and her EAD too at that time.
If you think that your spouse would remain on H4 no matter what, then you are correct, there is no use filing 485 alone now.
What say ???
Only use applying for 485 now single is to be eligible to apply for EAD anytime. And if your spouse decides to study (F1) or work (H1), you can apply and get your EAD and use it. Once the PDs become Current, you can add her case (AOS) and her EAD too at that time.
If you think that your spouse would remain on H4 no matter what, then you are correct, there is no use filing 485 alone now.
What say ???
2011 Justin Bieber Hairstyle Golden
laborpains
08-05 10:04 AM
http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/Immigrant_Visas_30Apr08.pdf
See for your self what Pre-Adjudication means. Its literally conditional approval......
Hi,
Is it possible to equire USCIS if one's application is Pre-Adjudicated? Is there a number we could call for the status ?
Thank You!
See for your self what Pre-Adjudication means. Its literally conditional approval......
Hi,
Is it possible to equire USCIS if one's application is Pre-Adjudicated? Is there a number we could call for the status ?
Thank You!
more...

desi3933
02-11 03:34 PM
Looking at the Labor cert , it says "Masters degree" and NOT "Masters or equivalent". that might be the caused the I140 denial .
Any one had this situation before ?
Thanks
-vinod
I have sent you PM.
It seems that your I-140 is re-evaluated and denied.
___________________
Not a legal advice.
Any one had this situation before ?
Thanks
-vinod
I have sent you PM.
It seems that your I-140 is re-evaluated and denied.
___________________
Not a legal advice.
bugsbunny
04-21 01:35 PM
Thanks ! Thats what I thought , but wanted to confirm with senior members.
i am not senior...but we do have free attorney conference calls on thurdays
We might miss a thursday or so ...we are in the process of making it more regular
But you can certainly ask this question over there and confirm it with the immigration attorney.
i am not senior...but we do have free attorney conference calls on thurdays
We might miss a thursday or so ...we are in the process of making it more regular
But you can certainly ask this question over there and confirm it with the immigration attorney.
more...
sledge_hammer
04-15 10:32 AM
What a jerk your desi employer is. It makes me so angry that these scumbags are getting away doing these things.
First things first - deliver the baby. Take some of the suggestions given here by other members regarding insurance.
Once all this is done sue the hell out of your desi employer. There really isn't anything (I guess) you can do about your client. But you can definitely take your desi employer to court for terminating your employment. These guys deserve to pay a hefty fine and lose their business license!
Yesterday, I was told by the client that my project is going to end by this month end i.e Apr 30. Actually it was supposed to go for the next 2 years. I am currently in the project working for the project. They said the lay off was becoz of budget issues. But I see I am the only one that is target in this lay-off. I am working with the same client for the past 3 years. The lay off news was really shocking and devastating.
I am currently 9 months pregnant. As the client did that to me, I thought that atleast I might have some options with my current employer. My employer is a desi consultancy. I never been on Bench for single day for the Past 6 years ( Day 1 that I entered into US to till now).
When I spoke to my employer today he gave me a termination letter stating that my project end date will be my last date with them. It was more shocking. I will be on maternity leave anytime in month of may depending on the delivery. I don't see any possible options that any client can take me into project when I am in 9th month of pregnancy.
As my husband is doing consulting, I filed the green card thru this employer, 485 is pending more than 180 days, 140 approved in EB2 category. We paid all the attorney fees and filing fees from our pocket. We spent nearly $10,000 for the GC process. My husband was on bench for the past 2 months. He got a job on EAD which is going to start next week.
1. I see that my employer is terminating me immediately because he can avoid maternity expenses. I told him that I will take 3 months FMLA for unpaid maternity leave from Apr 30th. And look for the Job immediately after delivery and get into the Job. But still he is telling he won't provide me that time. Maintaining the status is very important for me as me and my husband depends on the EAD.
2.My medical insurance is with my employer, If I get laid off in this critical situation, I won't be having insurance. We can't afford the delivery expenses without insurance.
3. Even though my husband will get insurance with the new company, We are not sure that company will cover the pre-existing pregnancy that is in final stages.
4. And also not sure that the insurance will be under the network of OBG/YN and the hospital I registered for delivery. His job is in different state but he will find out the options once he starts his job next week.
5. Does anyone think that my employer is discriminating the law? He is terminating me immediately becoz I am pregnant.
I am not sure whether he is doing the right thing but the situation I am in is the worst situation I ever expected of. Its lot of stress on me and my baby. We are unable to sleep for hour with all the tensions ahead. My husband's job is dependent on my valid status. If something screw up we both be in very bad situation. I really don't want any one in my situation.
Please help me, if any one know any options where I can maintain my status during the pregnancy and maternity leave, Please tell me.
First things first - deliver the baby. Take some of the suggestions given here by other members regarding insurance.
Once all this is done sue the hell out of your desi employer. There really isn't anything (I guess) you can do about your client. But you can definitely take your desi employer to court for terminating your employment. These guys deserve to pay a hefty fine and lose their business license!
Yesterday, I was told by the client that my project is going to end by this month end i.e Apr 30. Actually it was supposed to go for the next 2 years. I am currently in the project working for the project. They said the lay off was becoz of budget issues. But I see I am the only one that is target in this lay-off. I am working with the same client for the past 3 years. The lay off news was really shocking and devastating.
I am currently 9 months pregnant. As the client did that to me, I thought that atleast I might have some options with my current employer. My employer is a desi consultancy. I never been on Bench for single day for the Past 6 years ( Day 1 that I entered into US to till now).
When I spoke to my employer today he gave me a termination letter stating that my project end date will be my last date with them. It was more shocking. I will be on maternity leave anytime in month of may depending on the delivery. I don't see any possible options that any client can take me into project when I am in 9th month of pregnancy.
As my husband is doing consulting, I filed the green card thru this employer, 485 is pending more than 180 days, 140 approved in EB2 category. We paid all the attorney fees and filing fees from our pocket. We spent nearly $10,000 for the GC process. My husband was on bench for the past 2 months. He got a job on EAD which is going to start next week.
1. I see that my employer is terminating me immediately because he can avoid maternity expenses. I told him that I will take 3 months FMLA for unpaid maternity leave from Apr 30th. And look for the Job immediately after delivery and get into the Job. But still he is telling he won't provide me that time. Maintaining the status is very important for me as me and my husband depends on the EAD.
2.My medical insurance is with my employer, If I get laid off in this critical situation, I won't be having insurance. We can't afford the delivery expenses without insurance.
3. Even though my husband will get insurance with the new company, We are not sure that company will cover the pre-existing pregnancy that is in final stages.
4. And also not sure that the insurance will be under the network of OBG/YN and the hospital I registered for delivery. His job is in different state but he will find out the options once he starts his job next week.
5. Does anyone think that my employer is discriminating the law? He is terminating me immediately becoz I am pregnant.
I am not sure whether he is doing the right thing but the situation I am in is the worst situation I ever expected of. Its lot of stress on me and my baby. We are unable to sleep for hour with all the tensions ahead. My husband's job is dependent on my valid status. If something screw up we both be in very bad situation. I really don't want any one in my situation.
Please help me, if any one know any options where I can maintain my status during the pregnancy and maternity leave, Please tell me.
2010 justin bieber new haircut 2010
neamoni
05-21 12:50 PM
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=NSC
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=TSC
My Firefox shows the APril but IE shows the May. Try deleting the cookies, temp files, cache, etc.
I did all that but still show April 15. :(
Could somebody tell me what's the date for I140 @ NSC?
Thanks!
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=TSC
My Firefox shows the APril but IE shows the May. Try deleting the cookies, temp files, cache, etc.
I did all that but still show April 15. :(
Could somebody tell me what's the date for I140 @ NSC?
Thanks!
more...

pappu
02-24 11:10 AM
I diagree with you...Indian film Industry have very good directors, They are no way inferior to Hollywood. Firstly you can't compre them with Hollywood because they have differen audiances...Hollywood have money power so their movies are technically better, but as far as quality of movies Indian film industry is very good...It caters to all tastes. There are Shyam Benegal, Basu Chaterjee, Govind Nihlani for people who like simple senseful movies there are Karan Johar, Yash Chopra, Mani Ratnam for expensive, hip hop movies. There's RGV, Hirani, Rakyesh Omprakash Mehra for different story based movies. In my opinion caters to wide variety you need to pick up by your taste...
I do not think there are good film institutes in India. I have interacted with many passouts from FTII and other colleges and found then lacking something. One has to travel outside India to learn and expose himself to the high quality film education.
How many of the directors you have named received any film degree?
I am not saying all Indian films are low standard compared to Hollywood films. We have trash films in Hollywood too. However the quality expectation and quality acceptance level of the viewers is low in India. Thus directors try not to push the boundaries so often.
You cannot blame everyone on budget. Indian films have big budgets by Indian standards. You cannot convert their budgets in dollars and compare with Hollywood. In my experience , I have found that by and large people in creative professions in India are hesitant to push the envelope and try to do something 'safe'. Very few can think outside the box and those few are able to produce world class work.
All this can change once viewers in India get more educated, critical and demanding. That will be the end of mediocrity and start of world class work.
I do not think there are good film institutes in India. I have interacted with many passouts from FTII and other colleges and found then lacking something. One has to travel outside India to learn and expose himself to the high quality film education.
How many of the directors you have named received any film degree?
I am not saying all Indian films are low standard compared to Hollywood films. We have trash films in Hollywood too. However the quality expectation and quality acceptance level of the viewers is low in India. Thus directors try not to push the boundaries so often.
You cannot blame everyone on budget. Indian films have big budgets by Indian standards. You cannot convert their budgets in dollars and compare with Hollywood. In my experience , I have found that by and large people in creative professions in India are hesitant to push the envelope and try to do something 'safe'. Very few can think outside the box and those few are able to produce world class work.
All this can change once viewers in India get more educated, critical and demanding. That will be the end of mediocrity and start of world class work.
hair Justin Bieber#39;s new haircut
nrk
08-11 01:17 PM
Don't worry rangaswamy, most likely your date will be current in the coming months (before december 2010 for sure)
good luck
Thanks for the info. I went and pulled up the 9089 filing and just saw that the filing date was 15th may 2006, the expiry date was 3/31/2008 and hence i might have incorrectly assumed that the filing date was 2 years before that.
Sucks! i missed the cutoff by a week
good luck
Thanks for the info. I went and pulled up the 9089 filing and just saw that the filing date was 15th may 2006, the expiry date was 3/31/2008 and hence i might have incorrectly assumed that the filing date was 2 years before that.
Sucks! i missed the cutoff by a week
more...
pappu
09-01 09:16 AM
Everyone getting receipt notices, and not coming to the rally, (not coming to the rally -most on tracker threads), please at least consider contributing to the rally once you get your notice or FP done or get EAD!. The rally cost is huge and we can do much more if people can contribute generously.
We helped you get to the stage so that everyone can file I485s. It pains us in the core team see how our members who used to tell us all the time to at least allow them to file I485 and then they will wholeheartedly take part and support IV have turned their backs on us now. With our work and victory in Visa bulletin fiasco, we even answered people who used to ask us for our achievements before they could contribute.
Now it is your opportunity to deliver.
We helped you get to the stage so that everyone can file I485s. It pains us in the core team see how our members who used to tell us all the time to at least allow them to file I485 and then they will wholeheartedly take part and support IV have turned their backs on us now. With our work and victory in Visa bulletin fiasco, we even answered people who used to ask us for our achievements before they could contribute.
Now it is your opportunity to deliver.
hot Justin Bieber got his new
mbawa2574
07-21 12:32 PM
Are they not supposed to make sure that they have enough senators on their side to pass this bill. Whatever we have won till this point is due to the efforts of core team and people who come to this website using media/campaigns. I have not seen results of any lobbying efforts by this lobbying firm. Am I wrong somewhere ?
more...
house Justin Bieber#39;s hair was cut
a1b2c3
10-06 10:31 PM
hope folks who weathered out 2001-02 recession on h1b, don't have to do it again without an approved gc.
tattoo Justin Bieber#39;s new haircut
eager_immi
07-19 05:04 PM
Nope ur PD has to be current for them to process your AOS and Aug is already unavialable so there is no way they will process ur paperwork. Also I think within 60 days of AOS you can add spouse. You should talk to a lawyer and not use other people's judgement to decide to file or not to file. But, will there be a scenario where my AOS gets approved before my PD is current AGAIN? That is what I am afraid of.
more...
pictures NEWS: JUSTIN BIEBER SENDS

ganguteli
04-02 01:03 PM
Then call senator grassley and ask these questions and prove you have the BALLS!!!! Otherwise you know what it means.
Best answer I have seen in a long time.:D
Best answer I have seen in a long time.:D
dresses Underwent a clubhouse pictures,justin biebers new you am just haircut Mar
floridasun
12-30 09:33 PM
EB3 I-140 approved - priority date 2006. no growth/promotions. Cannot switch to another Employer as I am close to 7th year on H1B. I am now officially a (white collar) slave.
more...
makeup justin bieber new haircut 2011
eb_retrogession
03-03 09:19 AM
I just PayPaled $300 yesterday. Please, keep all of us PBEC and DOL victims in mind as well. We need your help!!
Thanks a ton anaintchev. PBEC and DOL issues are very much part of our efforts, we have several volunteers stuck at that stage.
Once again, thanks a lot.
Thanks a ton anaintchev. PBEC and DOL issues are very much part of our efforts, we have several volunteers stuck at that stage.
Once again, thanks a lot.
girlfriend Justin Bieber got his hair cut
svn
04-05 12:44 PM
All,
The object of this thread is straightforward - it is to understand if you as a donor member will contribute more $ (or start contributing!) if you get more regular information updates (weekly?) from Core? I know there was a funding drive in March which led to us meeting the goal of $10,000 (and then some). However, while there has been a new goal of $10,000 created for April, we have made little progress towards that. As someone who contributed $100 the first time round in March, but haven't yet made a contribution towards the April funding drive, I can admit that one of the primary reasons for this is because there has been very limited information shared since then. While I COMPLETELY trust in the fact that the Core team is making every effort humanly possible to further our cause, I am also a member of the human race that by nature seeks information and looks for leadership to be more sharing about progress. I personally believe transparency is a key enabler not just to gaining participation and building momentum, but also to creating innovative solutions to problems by engaging more individuals in the process (borrowing this "leaf" from President's Obama's playbook will be highly beneficial to our casuse)
Let me clarify this is NOT an indication of lack of trust in Core NOR do I believe that there isn't a sincere effort being put in by a whole bunch of dedicated individuals. However, my suggestion is simply an idea to further the cause - would definitely like to hear how the rest of this immigration community feels!
Thanks for your participation in this poll.
Cheers
P.S: Just to be clear, I am referring to Regular Updates to DONORS i.e CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS
The object of this thread is straightforward - it is to understand if you as a donor member will contribute more $ (or start contributing!) if you get more regular information updates (weekly?) from Core? I know there was a funding drive in March which led to us meeting the goal of $10,000 (and then some). However, while there has been a new goal of $10,000 created for April, we have made little progress towards that. As someone who contributed $100 the first time round in March, but haven't yet made a contribution towards the April funding drive, I can admit that one of the primary reasons for this is because there has been very limited information shared since then. While I COMPLETELY trust in the fact that the Core team is making every effort humanly possible to further our cause, I am also a member of the human race that by nature seeks information and looks for leadership to be more sharing about progress. I personally believe transparency is a key enabler not just to gaining participation and building momentum, but also to creating innovative solutions to problems by engaging more individuals in the process (borrowing this "leaf" from President's Obama's playbook will be highly beneficial to our casuse)
Let me clarify this is NOT an indication of lack of trust in Core NOR do I believe that there isn't a sincere effort being put in by a whole bunch of dedicated individuals. However, my suggestion is simply an idea to further the cause - would definitely like to hear how the rest of this immigration community feels!
Thanks for your participation in this poll.
Cheers
P.S: Just to be clear, I am referring to Regular Updates to DONORS i.e CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS
hairstyles Justin Bieber New Haircut

jkays94
04-03 11:22 AM
Exactly what happens when thousands of people contact senators instead of one fax from one organization with one point of contact just so that if some one actually calls back from the senator’s office we at least have some one who could explain the situation in a way that makes sense?
There is another side to that coin, Senators will not be swayed on an issue unless it directly affects a constituent of theirs. AILA has fax and mail campaigns and so do anti-immigrant organizations such as NumbersUSA who according to their organization last week in only 3 days claim to have sent 120K faxes! IMHO one fax will not cut it, a hard copy letter with every single member's name signed to it would be great but picture the logistics with only 2 days to act. I again refer to AILA, AILA has sent letters (see my earlier post referring to the links) but also urges the public and pro-immigrant groups to contact congress enmasse with content that they provide. As for the person who couldn't articulate the issues, that is indeed unfortunate as one in a worst case scenario can always give their personal story, be it retrogression, BECs, H1 cap, H4 inability to work etc etc or if they need to gather their talking points request an appointment to discuss the issue.
There is another side to that coin, Senators will not be swayed on an issue unless it directly affects a constituent of theirs. AILA has fax and mail campaigns and so do anti-immigrant organizations such as NumbersUSA who according to their organization last week in only 3 days claim to have sent 120K faxes! IMHO one fax will not cut it, a hard copy letter with every single member's name signed to it would be great but picture the logistics with only 2 days to act. I again refer to AILA, AILA has sent letters (see my earlier post referring to the links) but also urges the public and pro-immigrant groups to contact congress enmasse with content that they provide. As for the person who couldn't articulate the issues, that is indeed unfortunate as one in a worst case scenario can always give their personal story, be it retrogression, BECs, H1 cap, H4 inability to work etc etc or if they need to gather their talking points request an appointment to discuss the issue.
knnmbd
04-03 11:05 AM
Admin,
Thanks for clarifying the issue about contacting AILA and similar organizations
Thanks for clarifying the issue about contacting AILA and similar organizations
vinodp1978
06-28 04:55 PM
If you had a approved 140, you'd get 3-year extensions. If it is pending, you could still get 1 year extension.
While I'm sure about this rule, you should check with the attorney.
I think its If pending...and labor approved 365 days before start date. I still need to check with my attorney. Also even if 140 is approved and dates are current i would not be able to extend.
While I'm sure about this rule, you should check with the attorney.
I think its If pending...and labor approved 365 days before start date. I still need to check with my attorney. Also even if 140 is approved and dates are current i would not be able to extend.

No comments:
Post a Comment