smuggymba
05-12 03:29 PM
DREAM Act Re-introduced in the Senate
A day after President Obama gave a speech on immigration, Senators Richard Durbin, Harry Reid, Robert Menendez and 30 others re-introduced the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act that would allow young undocumented people to apply for legal status if they join the military or attend college for two years.
Each year about 65,000 undocumented students who were brought to the U.S. by their parents, often as very young children, graduate from high school and face a bleak future because of their status. Last fall, despite President Obama�s strong support, the DREAM Act passed the House but failed to attract the 60 votes needed to end a Senate filibuster.
Chung-Wha Hong, executive director of the New York Immigration Coalition welcomed the move, but pointed out that the bill faces a slim chance in the current Congress and said the President should use the authority of his office to protect young undocumented immigrants.
A day after President Obama gave a speech on immigration, Senators Richard Durbin, Harry Reid, Robert Menendez and 30 others re-introduced the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act that would allow young undocumented people to apply for legal status if they join the military or attend college for two years.
Each year about 65,000 undocumented students who were brought to the U.S. by their parents, often as very young children, graduate from high school and face a bleak future because of their status. Last fall, despite President Obama�s strong support, the DREAM Act passed the House but failed to attract the 60 votes needed to end a Senate filibuster.
Chung-Wha Hong, executive director of the New York Immigration Coalition welcomed the move, but pointed out that the bill faces a slim chance in the current Congress and said the President should use the authority of his office to protect young undocumented immigrants.
wallpaper Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray
gc_on_demand
05-15 01:50 PM
Can some one from IV come up with template letter that we can personized and send to our Univ. President. Even we can get support from International Student who are currenly in school.
It will be more effective if we write letter to In charge person of International Student Department in University.
I am willing to contact my ex classmates and request them to send letters to congressman/ Uni president / International Student Department head.
It will be more effective if we write letter to In charge person of International Student Department in University.
I am willing to contact my ex classmates and request them to send letters to congressman/ Uni president / International Student Department head.
pointlesswait
02-17 05:06 PM
it probably means.. they are opening each and every mail they have recived and checking if the docs are in order or not..if they are.. they file it...else they send an RFE...
i dont understand..how someone can be so f@#$% dumb as not know this simple procdure..
there are so many posts..i got a LUD what not.... its annoying...
its like.. USCIS touched my lu(n)d..will i get a GC now..
grow up ..
i may have offended some purists on this board.... idgaf..<:-|
I got LUDs on 2/10 on both mine and my wife's 485. My wife got an RFE email on 02/13. I do not know what this means either...
i dont understand..how someone can be so f@#$% dumb as not know this simple procdure..
there are so many posts..i got a LUD what not.... its annoying...
its like.. USCIS touched my lu(n)d..will i get a GC now..
grow up ..
i may have offended some purists on this board.... idgaf..<:-|
I got LUDs on 2/10 on both mine and my wife's 485. My wife got an RFE email on 02/13. I do not know what this means either...
2011 hot New Corvette Stingray 2011
ragz4u
03-16 10:42 AM
We just received news that the Judiciary Committee hearings which were supposed to run until 1.00 pm today and also tomorrow have been postponed to March 27th. Apparently the deal is that the Judiciary Committee wants to put pressure on Senator Frist so that he does not introduce his version of the bill bypassing the committee...
Will update as soon as we hear more...
Not sure if this can be construed as good news or bad news! :(
The slow pace at which this is unfolding might just lead to depression/suicidal tendencies!!
Will update as soon as we hear more...
Not sure if this can be construed as good news or bad news! :(
The slow pace at which this is unfolding might just lead to depression/suicidal tendencies!!
more...
vban2007
07-22 11:50 AM
could you pls send the letter to me too...
meg_z
11-17 10:46 AM
I got a quote and passed the physicals, and only two months later was told the underwriter doubled the premium because I did not have green card.
could members explain this further with more information and facts if possible. we have not been covering this in our media interviews and facts about hardships we face.
infact it would be better if finance gurus and others on the forum can help list various ways in which h1b visa holders suffer financially by not having a gc.
- mortgage rates are one.
For mortgage, you have to shop around to find one that does not mind your non-immigrant status. I was able to get preapproved for a first time buyer loan with low rate. But I did not purchase the house. So I will not know if they would jack my rate up at closing because of my status as the insurance company did.
could members explain this further with more information and facts if possible. we have not been covering this in our media interviews and facts about hardships we face.
infact it would be better if finance gurus and others on the forum can help list various ways in which h1b visa holders suffer financially by not having a gc.
- mortgage rates are one.
For mortgage, you have to shop around to find one that does not mind your non-immigrant status. I was able to get preapproved for a first time buyer loan with low rate. But I did not purchase the house. So I will not know if they would jack my rate up at closing because of my status as the insurance company did.
more...
eb3retro
01-13 03:44 PM
Eb3Retro,
Did you drive car on High Way over the speed limit and got ticket.
And passer by drivers at Higher Speed than you. Can you point police for stopping you.
So don't tell that you are fine and everybody is fine.
What if someone here saw your postings (800+ posting guru) and travels wihtout Transit Visa and Aitport people ask for Transit Visa and missed flight--- Have to stay at Airport for hours.
Try to accept rules guys....
easyvishwak, there is a common disclaimer in any of the internet forums that you take the information with a pinch of salt. people post their experiences, whether to follow or not is totally your call. Next time, I wont be so polite when writing my response because you mentioned some unnecessary things in your response to my post. So, please do not aggrevate me. that was my experience, whether you want to take it or not, or, if others want to take it or not is totally upto them. same way, u dont speak for others. keep it to the point and dont do any personal attacks.
Did you drive car on High Way over the speed limit and got ticket.
And passer by drivers at Higher Speed than you. Can you point police for stopping you.
So don't tell that you are fine and everybody is fine.
What if someone here saw your postings (800+ posting guru) and travels wihtout Transit Visa and Aitport people ask for Transit Visa and missed flight--- Have to stay at Airport for hours.
Try to accept rules guys....
easyvishwak, there is a common disclaimer in any of the internet forums that you take the information with a pinch of salt. people post their experiences, whether to follow or not is totally your call. Next time, I wont be so polite when writing my response because you mentioned some unnecessary things in your response to my post. So, please do not aggrevate me. that was my experience, whether you want to take it or not, or, if others want to take it or not is totally upto them. same way, u dont speak for others. keep it to the point and dont do any personal attacks.
2010 create Corvette+2011+red
looivy
07-17 12:30 AM
There is a petition to capture lost visa. If lost visas are recaptured, there will be some relief.
but even with this big announcement tomorrow, we still only have 140,000 visas and keep in mind USCIS has just been averaging about 100,000 per year. (so about 40,000 get wasted every year)
All all this does is to push the bottleneck further down the pipeline.
the only benefit I see is that it helps with filing of AP and EAD which does not help someone like me with my 485 already pending
Sorry I dont share the enthusisam
jasguil
but even with this big announcement tomorrow, we still only have 140,000 visas and keep in mind USCIS has just been averaging about 100,000 per year. (so about 40,000 get wasted every year)
All all this does is to push the bottleneck further down the pipeline.
the only benefit I see is that it helps with filing of AP and EAD which does not help someone like me with my 485 already pending
Sorry I dont share the enthusisam
jasguil
more...
venky08
12-29 03:07 AM
thanks logiclife for answering my question. as suggested i will consult with my attorney.
hair Interior Design 2011 Corvette
arnab221
04-29 12:23 PM
Quick Chain of events .
India rejected both Boeing and Lockheed Martin's proposal of fighters . I am not debating the reasons or the merits of this decision if this was right or wrong . I am just discussing the potential repercussions this has had so far and might have .
'Exclusion of US firms from IAF jet deal a setback for ties' (http://www.indianexpress.com/news/exclusion-of-us-firms-from-iaf-jet-deal-a-setback.../783401/)
1) The issue is so serious that Tim Roemer , US Ambassador to India submitted his resignation immediately since he was on the hook for making this deal work .This shows the measure of disappointment they had.
2) India was seeking US assurances in security a Permanent Security council seat , which looks far fetched now .
4) Pentagon , Whitehouse and the DoD very upset that deal fell through . This sentiment will certainly percolate to the USCIS and the State department and might embolden Anti Immigration senators whose measures will get more support in the house and senate.
5) Prosecution of companies entangled in cases like Infosys might find more support and favor with the Govt.
Question is how/if there will be a backlash against India / Indian's get back at us at least in the short term .Increased scrutiny and visa denials , PoE Harassment , GC audits etc.
Will the US take a Tit-for-Tat reaction on this issue is what remains to be seen.
India rejected both Boeing and Lockheed Martin's proposal of fighters . I am not debating the reasons or the merits of this decision if this was right or wrong . I am just discussing the potential repercussions this has had so far and might have .
'Exclusion of US firms from IAF jet deal a setback for ties' (http://www.indianexpress.com/news/exclusion-of-us-firms-from-iaf-jet-deal-a-setback.../783401/)
1) The issue is so serious that Tim Roemer , US Ambassador to India submitted his resignation immediately since he was on the hook for making this deal work .This shows the measure of disappointment they had.
2) India was seeking US assurances in security a Permanent Security council seat , which looks far fetched now .
4) Pentagon , Whitehouse and the DoD very upset that deal fell through . This sentiment will certainly percolate to the USCIS and the State department and might embolden Anti Immigration senators whose measures will get more support in the house and senate.
5) Prosecution of companies entangled in cases like Infosys might find more support and favor with the Govt.
Question is how/if there will be a backlash against India / Indian's get back at us at least in the short term .Increased scrutiny and visa denials , PoE Harassment , GC audits etc.
Will the US take a Tit-for-Tat reaction on this issue is what remains to be seen.
more...

sathishav
03-09 01:06 PM
My wife travelled to India via Munich (Lufthansa) in Feb end and she had no issues with transit visa. She was never asked about it. The I-94 had expired and we have a valid AP and approved H1 (unstamped). She has not returned yet, so any requirement on return journey is untested.
I was nervous before she left and was wondering if I need a transit visa for her. Thanks everyone who posted their experiences.
Second Old_hat.
I was nervous before she left and was wondering if I need a transit visa for her. Thanks everyone who posted their experiences.
Second Old_hat.
hot Corvette Stingray - red

rajsri
01-12 02:01 PM
I travelled to India in December via Germany. I don't have a valid visa on my passport, but they allowed me to travel to India.
While coming back we have a valid US visa. I checked at Lufthansa counters in IAD airport and they said the transit visa is not required for immediate international flights.
While coming back we have a valid US visa. I checked at Lufthansa counters in IAD airport and they said the transit visa is not required for immediate international flights.
more...
house 2011 Corvette C7stingray?
rangaswamy
07-30 05:03 PM
Filed paper renewal on june 12th, Received card production ordered email today.
Ap was submitted 2 days ago.
PD is May 06. Spouse's app was filed same time , no update yet. No FP notices.
AR
Ap was submitted 2 days ago.
PD is May 06. Spouse's app was filed same time , no update yet. No FP notices.
AR
tattoo 2011+corvette+stingray+
akhilmahajan
06-19 12:22 PM
Could you please send to me also?
Send you a PM also.
Send you a PM also.
more...
pictures Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
eb3_nepa
06-26 11:47 PM
This is by far THE MOST RIDICULOUS suggestion on this forum I have come across.
Sorry man, this wont work for ANYONE out here. We have been waiting since TWO AND A HALF Years to file and now you want us to wait for 15 more days only to realize that USCIS may actually yank the rug out under us. I mean think about it, we will all feel like MONUMENTAL FOOLS if that happens. Try explaining THAT to your spouse who has been waiting for 2 years or more to apply and get an EAD. I know mine would KILL me if i even suggested that to her ;)
Sorry man, this wont work for ANYONE out here. We have been waiting since TWO AND A HALF Years to file and now you want us to wait for 15 more days only to realize that USCIS may actually yank the rug out under us. I mean think about it, we will all feel like MONUMENTAL FOOLS if that happens. Try explaining THAT to your spouse who has been waiting for 2 years or more to apply and get an EAD. I know mine would KILL me if i even suggested that to her ;)
dresses 1973 Corvette StingRay
pady
08-20 03:39 PM
I would like to know How to file a complaint about labor fraud? I just found out that my employer didn't file 485 for me and instead he used the labor for someone else. Is there anyway I can file a complaint? I have no other option except to wait until the dates are current again. I paid all the expenses for labor, 140 and 485.
more...
makeup Chevy corvette stingray
qplearn
12-20 11:59 AM
If true this would REALLY benefit a lot of spouses especially someone like our core member Shilpa.
I am just surprised that none of the Big law firms have reported it. I guess now the h4's will have to wait till Oct 2007 to get their H1Bs
Is this a new "law"? I thought USCIS cannot pass "laws" on its own. Or this simply an intepretation of an existing legal procedure ---- which I understand USCIS is allowed to do on its own?
I am just surprised that none of the Big law firms have reported it. I guess now the h4's will have to wait till Oct 2007 to get their H1Bs
Is this a new "law"? I thought USCIS cannot pass "laws" on its own. Or this simply an intepretation of an existing legal procedure ---- which I understand USCIS is allowed to do on its own?
girlfriend Concept Stingray Corvette
snhn
11-06 10:57 AM
Thanks bro for great information.
however, I have some questions. You say that the officer told you that your AP was approved on Oct 1, 2007. Did you see a LUD change that day in your status. If you did, what did it say. I ask because I got a LUD change on our AP on Nov 2 but the message is still the same as it was when i got the receipt notice. No mention of AP approved.
My recetip date is August 14, and NOtice date is Oct 2, 2007. SO the TExas website states 3 months. Is it 3 months after notice date or receipt date.
I have heard people getting their AP without their online status being changed. Is this true. Anyhows, I have yet to go and do my finger prints. It is scheduled for Nov 21. Maybe they need to wait for finger print to before the AP is approved. or is this not the case.
Anyhows, comments are appreciated.
Thanks
however, I have some questions. You say that the officer told you that your AP was approved on Oct 1, 2007. Did you see a LUD change that day in your status. If you did, what did it say. I ask because I got a LUD change on our AP on Nov 2 but the message is still the same as it was when i got the receipt notice. No mention of AP approved.
My recetip date is August 14, and NOtice date is Oct 2, 2007. SO the TExas website states 3 months. Is it 3 months after notice date or receipt date.
I have heard people getting their AP without their online status being changed. Is this true. Anyhows, I have yet to go and do my finger prints. It is scheduled for Nov 21. Maybe they need to wait for finger print to before the AP is approved. or is this not the case.
Anyhows, comments are appreciated.
Thanks
hairstyles Tamp;s 69 corvette stingray
gapala
04-16 04:10 PM
That is accurate I have done 10+2+1+3
So this is actually 16 years of education overall and not 14 as suggested by other member. Sorry to ask, could you confirm this again, or did you mean to say 10+3+1? as you said this is accurate about what other member said.
So this is actually 16 years of education overall and not 14 as suggested by other member. Sorry to ask, could you confirm this again, or did you mean to say 10+3+1? as you said this is accurate about what other member said.
Siboo
07-27 03:06 PM
I am July 2 filer...
I mailed second set yesterday...
Then I thaught I mailed to Nebraska address then I mailed my third set to Texas center, dont want to take any chance whichever will be accecpted first.
I am smart...;)
It is not late now.
You may send one to California Service center, one to Vermont Service center and the final one to National Support center.
I am sure you will get at least one Receipt number. :D :D
I mailed second set yesterday...
Then I thaught I mailed to Nebraska address then I mailed my third set to Texas center, dont want to take any chance whichever will be accecpted first.
I am smart...;)
It is not late now.
You may send one to California Service center, one to Vermont Service center and the final one to National Support center.
I am sure you will get at least one Receipt number. :D :D
gsc999
08-31 02:45 PM
Wear the Gear:
California, thanks for showing your support! If you are on the fence and still deciding to attend the rally or not. Do what the sheep did, jump the fence and put the issue to rest or sleep :)
I ordered my IV T-shirt, it looks cool, with California printed on the back. It takes a couple of days in the mail so order now. I am excited about the event, it would be fun.
Flaunt that Flag:
We are ordering American flags and California state flag for the rally.
Who wants to carry the California state flag at the rally:)? This is an honor so who ever volunteer's first gets to hold it and probably get on TV. You will represent the Silicon valley.
Guys in Nor. Cal. Can you help me carry some stuff to DC? I have some T-shirts I need to get to DC.
California, thanks for showing your support! If you are on the fence and still deciding to attend the rally or not. Do what the sheep did, jump the fence and put the issue to rest or sleep :)
I ordered my IV T-shirt, it looks cool, with California printed on the back. It takes a couple of days in the mail so order now. I am excited about the event, it would be fun.
Flaunt that Flag:
We are ordering American flags and California state flag for the rally.
Who wants to carry the California state flag at the rally:)? This is an honor so who ever volunteer's first gets to hold it and probably get on TV. You will represent the Silicon valley.
Guys in Nor. Cal. Can you help me carry some stuff to DC? I have some T-shirts I need to get to DC.

No comments:
Post a Comment