virald
06-25 11:28 AM
Gentlemen,
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf (page 4)
If you travel before the advance parole document is issued, your application will be deemed abandoned if:
A) You depart from the United States; or
B) The person seeking advance parole attempts to enter the United States before a decision is made on the application.
Thanks.
This is interesting, since my lawyer mentioned otherwise. This might only for the first application or my lawyer could be wrong.:cool:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf (page 4)
If you travel before the advance parole document is issued, your application will be deemed abandoned if:
A) You depart from the United States; or
B) The person seeking advance parole attempts to enter the United States before a decision is made on the application.
Thanks.
This is interesting, since my lawyer mentioned otherwise. This might only for the first application or my lawyer could be wrong.:cool:
wallpaper Tweety Coloring Pages (38 of
RON_HI(Z)RA
09-27 02:55 PM
And they note your name on the degree and next you know is you are stuck in FBI name check forever :D
I guess using our degrees to pass on a message is a fool-proof idea. That can immediately catch on with media like flowers did. If not stoppers, we can write our message in bold colors on the degrees.
Indeed thoughtful. I'm all in for it.
I guess using our degrees to pass on a message is a fool-proof idea. That can immediately catch on with media like flowers did. If not stoppers, we can write our message in bold colors on the degrees.
Indeed thoughtful. I'm all in for it.
hindichinibhaibhai
03-29 12:37 AM
Guys MY PD is feb 2008. I am recently watching vias bulletins. I am in EB2.
Based on my watching previous visa bulletions ( after sep 2008) I dont see that it makes major difference if you file in EB3 or EB2.
Both are backloged very much and sincearly I dont hope inspite on being in EB2, I will get EAD or GC till 2015.
What are your thoughts, is it worth filing in EB2?
Of course, it is worth it. Go with EB-2 and don't lose hope.
I ended-up in EB3 due to a mistake made by the lawyer back in 2001-2. Of course, we fired the lawyer, when we realized this. I wish I'd switched myself to EB-2 back then. I just didn't know of the possibility until recently, thanks to IV.
Based on my watching previous visa bulletions ( after sep 2008) I dont see that it makes major difference if you file in EB3 or EB2.
Both are backloged very much and sincearly I dont hope inspite on being in EB2, I will get EAD or GC till 2015.
What are your thoughts, is it worth filing in EB2?
Of course, it is worth it. Go with EB-2 and don't lose hope.
I ended-up in EB3 due to a mistake made by the lawyer back in 2001-2. Of course, we fired the lawyer, when we realized this. I wish I'd switched myself to EB-2 back then. I just didn't know of the possibility until recently, thanks to IV.
2011 Kids Color Pages - hundreds of
eb3retro
10-15 10:12 AM
Anyone? any updates on their pending AP renewal from Nebraska?
more...
BharatPremi
11-08 02:32 PM
Somebody gave me "Green" with comment "Green dot - GotGC??" . Thanks. No, I am still in wait hell.
skodu
08-27 03:12 PM
Oregon DMV is little lenient on this matter, but they see only the expiry date on Passport visa stamp. Oregon will issue license till one year after expiry date on the Visa stamped on passport in conjunction with the H1 extension approval notice. So all these original H1 extension approval will not be considered if passport visa stamp expired more than a year. We have to go to Vancouver, B.C to get visa stamped and come back.
California accepts the I-94 extensions in the H1 extension approval notices (That's 3 years back, but they keep on changing rules every month and the California DMV services are not fast enough). Also some times the information from USCIS will be hanging if you have extensions. But if you go out of country and come back with fresh I-94, the information is validated within 5 minutes electronically. DMV staff are more considerate in California.
California accepts the I-94 extensions in the H1 extension approval notices (That's 3 years back, but they keep on changing rules every month and the California DMV services are not fast enough). Also some times the information from USCIS will be hanging if you have extensions. But if you go out of country and come back with fresh I-94, the information is validated within 5 minutes electronically. DMV staff are more considerate in California.
more...
coopheal
10-07 12:21 AM
I second this. It will take 1 more year for USCIS just to come out of 2001 for EB3 I unless 5882 passes!
What should be our next steps? How do we go to public media with big bang?
What should be our next steps? How do we go to public media with big bang?
2010 Fun Colouring Sheets 11

rockstart
07-31 01:02 PM
Does any one know how many visa# have been used for 2009 quota?.
more...

miththoo
11-06 01:10 PM
In my case, the request was processed at the local branch. I don't recall seeing an option on ICICI to do the wire transfer. But assuming there is, you should give that a shot. You might have better luck at the branch though .... RBI has the so called KYC - Know Your Customer rules for all banks and that may give you some leeway.
Did you mean the local ICICI branch ? I would appreciate if you could let me know the process that you followed to get the money from India.
Thanks,
Miththoo
Did you mean the local ICICI branch ? I would appreciate if you could let me know the process that you followed to get the money from India.
Thanks,
Miththoo
hair Tweety picture 0654
tnite
06-18 12:04 PM
What is your point, Tnite? EAD and AP can filed/issued even if the PD is retrogressed. MY PD was retrogressed after I filed I-485 and EAD and AP were issued?
----------------------------------
Permanent Resident since May 2002
my point is if dates retrogress and if processing EAD's and AP's takes a long time getting a EAD might be easy in the first 60-90 days but renewals will become more difficult.
its ok for folks that are within their 6 yrs of H1b but for others it will be a big head ache. As someone already mentioned earlier, you might have to apply for your renewal EAD the day after you get your 1st EAD and so on.
----------------------------------
Permanent Resident since May 2002
my point is if dates retrogress and if processing EAD's and AP's takes a long time getting a EAD might be easy in the first 60-90 days but renewals will become more difficult.
its ok for folks that are within their 6 yrs of H1b but for others it will be a big head ache. As someone already mentioned earlier, you might have to apply for your renewal EAD the day after you get your 1st EAD and so on.
more...
knowDOL
05-12 12:42 PM
A month is a good time, but who will leave one month's pay for nothing knowing that it will have bad affect on US congressman and politics and will act negatively on any provisions that are being planned in CIR. And on top of it most of us are single income family's because of the so called H4 status being continues for decades. :--) with no hope and sight for EAD.
hot Spring Coloring in Pages 2
svr_76
04-07 02:29 PM
They will retrogress all categories for India/China to 2001, so everyone will have to wait. Eventually people will fedup and leave the country (this solves half of their problem). For others they will keep issueing RFE for the next 5/10 years and enforcing stricter followup on AC-21 so people wont be able to leave their jobs and get promoted.
So who will want to continue working at programmer in their mid50s. Imp question is will there be a job for such candidate...and so they will move back.
Optimistic or Pessimistic ...any guess in this Guess the movement game is worthless.
So who will want to continue working at programmer in their mid50s. Imp question is will there be a job for such candidate...and so they will move back.
Optimistic or Pessimistic ...any guess in this Guess the movement game is worthless.
more...
house Printable coloring pages
ganguteli
03-19 10:11 AM
Did my post suggest in any way that I was defending the guy? I was only ridiculing those who were bad mouthing him.
Are you suggesting that my post would have scored more points if I came out with more ammunition? I did not post in order to win your accolades. The fact that you felt there is not enough ammunition, suggests to me that you think it is perfectly fine to do all those filthy things I was referring to. This tells me about your moral standard.
You had to assume that I probably have a criminal issue too, and thats why I was defending the original poster? Is that the best your mind can think of?
You are sick and tired of defending our community? Do you imply that most people from our community have turned to criminal acts these days, and so you are tired? Because, I have not seen that around the people that I move around with. Is it all too common in your circles and the people you associate with?
You most probably have half the education that I have, your salary is most likely half that of mine, and your moral standard is probably half that of mine. If I start ridiculing you more, you will suffer sleepless nights. So I won't do it (after this post, I mean).
You don't post bullshit in a public forum, just because you can't see the people you are talking to, infront of you. Would you dare call the original poster 'thief' if he is standing infront of you? Would you call him that, if he is a friend of your roommate and your roommate brings him over to your house? The internet must be a new technology for you. Please learn how to use it to spread some love.
To the poster above you:
It is true that the law does not impose punishments on backstabbers, womanizers, sexual perverts, etc. Prostitution is legal in a lot of countries. The fact that the law permits some things, does not have any bearing on the moral severity or the lack thereof, of those things. Would you choose a 'prostitute' over a 'shop lifter' for a wife? If these are the only 2 options, I would be content with a shop lifter. Would you choose a 'prostitute' because there are no criminal issues involved and you will get your greencard faster?
Even though not many people have posted in support of my post, my reputation has gone up, and yours probably went down. Please don't respond just because you want a revenge.
I will always stand up for the one weak guy who is bullied by a 100 really nice & powerful ones. This can't be called defending the act of 'shop lifting' !!!
You are trying to defend a criminal and thus some people objected to it. Crimes by immigrants, whatever they maybe bring bad repute to their country and the immigrant community.
Are you suggesting that my post would have scored more points if I came out with more ammunition? I did not post in order to win your accolades. The fact that you felt there is not enough ammunition, suggests to me that you think it is perfectly fine to do all those filthy things I was referring to. This tells me about your moral standard.
You had to assume that I probably have a criminal issue too, and thats why I was defending the original poster? Is that the best your mind can think of?
You are sick and tired of defending our community? Do you imply that most people from our community have turned to criminal acts these days, and so you are tired? Because, I have not seen that around the people that I move around with. Is it all too common in your circles and the people you associate with?
You most probably have half the education that I have, your salary is most likely half that of mine, and your moral standard is probably half that of mine. If I start ridiculing you more, you will suffer sleepless nights. So I won't do it (after this post, I mean).
You don't post bullshit in a public forum, just because you can't see the people you are talking to, infront of you. Would you dare call the original poster 'thief' if he is standing infront of you? Would you call him that, if he is a friend of your roommate and your roommate brings him over to your house? The internet must be a new technology for you. Please learn how to use it to spread some love.
To the poster above you:
It is true that the law does not impose punishments on backstabbers, womanizers, sexual perverts, etc. Prostitution is legal in a lot of countries. The fact that the law permits some things, does not have any bearing on the moral severity or the lack thereof, of those things. Would you choose a 'prostitute' over a 'shop lifter' for a wife? If these are the only 2 options, I would be content with a shop lifter. Would you choose a 'prostitute' because there are no criminal issues involved and you will get your greencard faster?
Even though not many people have posted in support of my post, my reputation has gone up, and yours probably went down. Please don't respond just because you want a revenge.
I will always stand up for the one weak guy who is bullied by a 100 really nice & powerful ones. This can't be called defending the act of 'shop lifting' !!!
You are trying to defend a criminal and thus some people objected to it. Crimes by immigrants, whatever they maybe bring bad repute to their country and the immigrant community.
tattoo Print this coloring page
snathan
03-15 11:09 PM
Snathan
I asked for advice, if people can give I am more than happy to accept it. I don't expect to beat me for the sin that I have done.
I am not blaming any one here. I don't have right to blame as well others.
When you get caught...its sin.
Otherwise its fun...:p
I asked for advice, if people can give I am more than happy to accept it. I don't expect to beat me for the sin that I have done.
I am not blaming any one here. I don't have right to blame as well others.
When you get caught...its sin.
Otherwise its fun...:p
more...
pictures color several pictures of

a1b2c3
10-01 11:42 PM
Do you have a link to support upgrading databases til Oct 29?
I think so
Link:
http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main?main=DocumentDetail&o=090000648072c5eb
Relevant thread:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21782
SUMMARY: In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, the Department of Homeland Security is giving notice that it proposes to consolidate
three legacy record systems: Justice/INS-013 INS Computer Linked
Application Information Management System (CLAIMS) (67 FR 64132 October 17, 2002), Justice/INS-031 Redesigned Naturalization Application Casework System (RNACS) (67 FR 20996 April 29, 2002), and Justice/INS-033 I-551 Renewal Program Temporary Sticker Issuance I-90 Manifest System (SIIMS) (66 FR 6673 January 22, 2001) into one Department of Homeland Security/United States Citizenship and Immigration Services system of records notice titled, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Benefits Information System. Categories of individuals, categories of records, and the routine uses of these legacy system of records notices have been consolidated and updated to better reflect the Department's immigration petition and application information record systems. This system will be included in the Department's inventory of record systems.
DATES: Written comments must be submitted on or before October 29,
2008. This new system will be effective October 29, 2008.
I think so
Link:
http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main?main=DocumentDetail&o=090000648072c5eb
Relevant thread:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21782
SUMMARY: In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, the Department of Homeland Security is giving notice that it proposes to consolidate
three legacy record systems: Justice/INS-013 INS Computer Linked
Application Information Management System (CLAIMS) (67 FR 64132 October 17, 2002), Justice/INS-031 Redesigned Naturalization Application Casework System (RNACS) (67 FR 20996 April 29, 2002), and Justice/INS-033 I-551 Renewal Program Temporary Sticker Issuance I-90 Manifest System (SIIMS) (66 FR 6673 January 22, 2001) into one Department of Homeland Security/United States Citizenship and Immigration Services system of records notice titled, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Benefits Information System. Categories of individuals, categories of records, and the routine uses of these legacy system of records notices have been consolidated and updated to better reflect the Department's immigration petition and application information record systems. This system will be included in the Department's inventory of record systems.
DATES: Written comments must be submitted on or before October 29,
2008. This new system will be effective October 29, 2008.
dresses Sunny day coloring pages
ganguteli
02-25 09:34 AM
You mean to say sell US real estate for GC/citizenship? I don't see this going very far. I can see anti immigrants waiting for this one. Best is to lobby using aides of big corporations, developing relationship with lobbyists who already have connections, hiring lawyers, developing strong case, donations in election campaigns etc. All of this needs loads and loads of money. Are we ready to donate to IV and build strong lobbying group for our cause? That is the only way to change our current situation.
Sending flowers, sending pizzas, sending all these proposals will only fall on deaf ears. Congress understands language of money to pass laws, Rest of the country/orgranizations understand language of laws/court.
gcnotfiledyet is a LAWYER in disguise.
Sending flowers, sending pizzas, sending all these proposals will only fall on deaf ears. Congress understands language of money to pass laws, Rest of the country/orgranizations understand language of laws/court.
gcnotfiledyet is a LAWYER in disguise.
more...
makeup Look at the coloring sheets

mpadapa
05-13 03:15 PM
485Mbe4001, I concur with your views. Your posting is identical to my case except that my PD is Jan 2004!!
I do agree an aggressive lawyer who knows the system would've put me in a much better situation.
After you wait for 7-8 years in your category for your visa your thougths will change. I have MS from an american university + work experience. Our lawyer decided to file EB3 in 2001, they convinced the company that EB3 is easier to get approved. i am still waiting for my GC, in the mean time i have gained a lot of experience, i am still an EB3 for USCIS. There are many in a similar position.
People talk about unethical practices etc. i feel that they ones who jumped the queue and used agressive lawyer already have their green cards. Most of my friends are already thinking about citizenship (and ROI after USC..that is a different forum :)).
Its people working in multinational companies who follow the law by the book are the ones who get screwed, its just my observation and opinion ..good or bad, i dont know...
I do agree an aggressive lawyer who knows the system would've put me in a much better situation.
After you wait for 7-8 years in your category for your visa your thougths will change. I have MS from an american university + work experience. Our lawyer decided to file EB3 in 2001, they convinced the company that EB3 is easier to get approved. i am still waiting for my GC, in the mean time i have gained a lot of experience, i am still an EB3 for USCIS. There are many in a similar position.
People talk about unethical practices etc. i feel that they ones who jumped the queue and used agressive lawyer already have their green cards. Most of my friends are already thinking about citizenship (and ROI after USC..that is a different forum :)).
Its people working in multinational companies who follow the law by the book are the ones who get screwed, its just my observation and opinion ..good or bad, i dont know...
girlfriend Bird Coloring Book Page to
pns27
05-13 04:48 PM
siddar,
well said, you got couple of great points.
ashkam,
when a person applied his GC process 2002 EB3 with 3 years experience per say, another person 2004 EB2 with 5 years experience. How come EB2 guys is smarter then EB2. By the way lot of people in those days who applied under EB3 are well qualified and well educated. In my experience most of them are doing jobs that will easily comes under EB2.
The argument that Eb1 is preferred above Eb2 and BE2 is preferred over EB3 is absurd.
The regular yearly BE quota is distributed equally among all three categories, so then why they should not follow the same distribution for the overflow numbers?
Said that all BE3 applicants who are eligible should port there PD to EB2. Simple, when you know how the system works try to adapt to it.
Most of the EB3s who are in queue for more that 3 to 4 years may be eligible for EB2 porting (Assuming they got promotions and raises)
PNS27
PD: EB3 June 2002
well said, you got couple of great points.
ashkam,
when a person applied his GC process 2002 EB3 with 3 years experience per say, another person 2004 EB2 with 5 years experience. How come EB2 guys is smarter then EB2. By the way lot of people in those days who applied under EB3 are well qualified and well educated. In my experience most of them are doing jobs that will easily comes under EB2.
The argument that Eb1 is preferred above Eb2 and BE2 is preferred over EB3 is absurd.
The regular yearly BE quota is distributed equally among all three categories, so then why they should not follow the same distribution for the overflow numbers?
Said that all BE3 applicants who are eligible should port there PD to EB2. Simple, when you know how the system works try to adapt to it.
Most of the EB3s who are in queue for more that 3 to 4 years may be eligible for EB2 porting (Assuming they got promotions and raises)
PNS27
PD: EB3 June 2002
hairstyles Hello Kitty Color Pages 12
a2006
08-02 01:20 AM
Of the hundreds of thousands of July 07 filers, who paid a mere $325 for their I-485 application, do you think USCIS will devote the time/effort to constantly keep track of the applicant's eligibility of 485 over the next several years???? It will take atleast 4-5 years for several of us to finally get a visa number. Several of us will move/have address changes during these years.
It took them 2.5 years to process these...imagine the nightmare if they were to try doing subsequent rounds....
Keep in mind that 485 eligibility is not just tied to employment but also FBI name checks etc. Do you think USCIS will keep on doing name-checks every other year, or issue EVL's every other year if/when they see for instance, an address change?
Dude...USCIS is already on its way of bragging to the congress that it has pre-adjudicated all these 485 applications. I think if they touch these pre-adjudicated applications, then someone has to answer to someone of what is going on...why haven't you still worked on this? why are you devoting your time to these old 485 applications when there are new ones yet to be processed.
I think once the application is pre-adjudicated...that's it!! I don't believe USCIS will spend anymore time and resources to these applications again...until a visa number is available from DOS and they apply the number to the pre-adjudicated application....my 2 cents!
They don't have to do it for everybody. They can always pick a random sample to see how the process is working and do a check on them. As Chanduv23 mentioned if this is not public, they can change the process any time or add more restrictions to it.
It took them 2.5 years to process these...imagine the nightmare if they were to try doing subsequent rounds....
Keep in mind that 485 eligibility is not just tied to employment but also FBI name checks etc. Do you think USCIS will keep on doing name-checks every other year, or issue EVL's every other year if/when they see for instance, an address change?
Dude...USCIS is already on its way of bragging to the congress that it has pre-adjudicated all these 485 applications. I think if they touch these pre-adjudicated applications, then someone has to answer to someone of what is going on...why haven't you still worked on this? why are you devoting your time to these old 485 applications when there are new ones yet to be processed.
I think once the application is pre-adjudicated...that's it!! I don't believe USCIS will spend anymore time and resources to these applications again...until a visa number is available from DOS and they apply the number to the pre-adjudicated application....my 2 cents!
They don't have to do it for everybody. They can always pick a random sample to see how the process is working and do a check on them. As Chanduv23 mentioned if this is not public, they can change the process any time or add more restrictions to it.
lazycis
12-11 02:57 PM
Send email to who ? Can you pls describe in detail what email they need to send and what reason they need to put in. My local office always says NSC is processing July cases so you should have it soon, but that "soon" has never happened. It is 160+ days since I applied.
If you haven't tried it yet, try to follow the procedure I described on the 1st page
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=199646&postcount=3
The only reason you need is that yor EAD app is pending more than 90 days. Ask for a receipt that they followed procedures outlined in memo. They have to contact service center where your I-765 is pending and request expedite processing. You can also print federal regulations
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/26mar20071500/edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2007/janqtr/pdf/8cfr274a.13.pdf
Section 274a.13(d) sets that 90 days deadline.
If you haven't tried it yet, try to follow the procedure I described on the 1st page
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=199646&postcount=3
The only reason you need is that yor EAD app is pending more than 90 days. Ask for a receipt that they followed procedures outlined in memo. They have to contact service center where your I-765 is pending and request expedite processing. You can also print federal regulations
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/26mar20071500/edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2007/janqtr/pdf/8cfr274a.13.pdf
Section 274a.13(d) sets that 90 days deadline.
saimrathi
07-10 08:32 AM
Any deliveries made yet? Whats the impact? Did it work?:confused:

No comments:
Post a Comment